Re: Proposed change to checkpoint on font size control

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 16:55:51 -0400 (EDT)
To: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
cc: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
I would include the technique in the techniques section as a general
principle. But I have no problem with the proposal - I think the question is
largely editorial.

Charles McCN

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Ian Jacobs wrote:

  Proposed change to checkpoint 6.2 (from [1]):

  6.2 Allow the user to control font size. [Priority 1]

  In the SYMM Working Group meeting I attended a couple of weeks
  ago one of the WG participants asked whether checkpoint 6.2 could
  be satisfied via a zoom function. I believe it can be,
  and I would like to propose changing checkpoint 6.2 to read:

     Allow the user to control the rendered size of text. [Priority 1]
         For example, by allowing the user to change the font
         size or to magnify text.