W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > July to September 1999

AGENDA: W3C WAI User Agent Telecon 25th August 1999

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@staff.uiuc.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 17:07:47 -0700
Message-Id: <199908232202.RAA02502@staff2.cso.uiuc.edu>
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
WAI UA Telecon for August 25th, 1999 

Chair: Jon Gunderson 
Date: Wednesday, August 25th
Time: 12:00 noon to 1:30 pm Eastern Standard Time 
Call-in: W3C Tobin Bridge (+1) 617-252-7000

Agenda

Open Action Items

   1.JG: Run IE through guidelines. 

   2.JG: Draft outline for section 5.3.3 of techniques document. 

   3.IJ: Ensure that definition of "natural language" appears in document. 

   4.IJ: Checkpoint 9.5 clarify or change wording of "make available" 

   5.IJ: Checkpoint 9.9 - add "for" example from HTML. 

   6.IJ: Send note to list asking for techniques contributions. 

   7.IJ: Checkpoint 9.10 - Change to "In particular, make changes
conservatively to A, B, and C..." 

   8.IJ: Checkpoint 10.5 - Clarify wording to indicate relative position in
the document. 

   9.IJ: Add to issues list - What to do with image with no alt text that's
in a link. Worst case is an image map. We render part of the URL (the most
we've got). 

  10.IJ: Run NN (and Mozilla) through guidelines. 

  11.IJ: Propose reordering to the list. 

  12.IJ: Issue 56 resolution 
     a) Mention media objects as example in checkpoint 1.6. 
     b) List as example in checkpoint 9.6 
     c) Incorporate media objects into 10.5 and 10.6. 

  13.HB, RS: Look at techniques document. 

  14.HB: Run PWWebSpeak (with Mark H.) through the guidelines. 

  15.GR: Run Hal through the guidelines. 

  16.GR: Clarify your proposal on user agent configuration for SELECT form
control behavior. 

  17.DP: Technique 3.6 - Propose techniques 

  18.DP: Run Jaws for Windows through the guidelines. 

  19.KB: Fill in the table for UAGL and coordinate with Wendy. (Thanks
Kitch!) Deadline for this action 2 weeks. 

  20.CMN: Run Amaya through guidelines. 

  21.GG: Review proposal for techniques for accessing content. 

  22.RS: Coordinate review of HomePage reader. 

Discussion 

     Issue #3: Reminder about joint telecon with Web Content on 16th August
1999 on grouping links for navigation issues
     http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#3 

     Issue #58: Keyboard access to select form controls when there is an
ONCHANGE event handler attached to the control 
     http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#58 

     Issue #63: Checkpoint proposal from Marja to freeze time-sensitive
content. 
     http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#63 

     Issue #73: Text rendering of client-side iamge maps 
     http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#73 

     Issue #72: What should UAs do to support author-supplied metadata? 
     http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#72 

     Issue #74: Value of checkpoint on volume control 
     http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#74 

     Issue #75: Does accessible doc checkpoint apply to non Web-based docs? 
     http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#75 

     Issue #76: How to get to frames when frames are turned off
     http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#76 

     Issue #78: Review requirements for window spawning
     http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#78 

If you have any additional agenda items please send them to the chair.

Jon

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
Coordinator of Assistive Communication and Information Technology
Division of Rehabilitation - Education Services
University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
1207 S. Oak Street
Champaign, IL 61820

Voice: 217-244-5870
Fax: 217-333-0248
E-mail: jongund@uiuc.edu
WWW:	http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~jongund
	http://www.als.uiuc.edu/InfoTechAccess
Received on Monday, 23 August 1999 18:03:00 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 14:49:23 UTC