Re: "For dependent user agents"

From: Kitch Barnicle <kab42@columbia.edu>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 14:30:13 -0600
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Jon,

>JRG: If nothing is said then they are for both.  If one or the other is
>mentioned it is for the one mentioned.

Just to be sure, do you mean that if one or the other is mentioned then that
checkpoint only "applies" to the type of user agent mentioned. In other words,
if a checkpoint is preceded by "for dependent user agents" then that
checkpoint
has to be implemented by only dependent user agents (at the desired
conformance
level)?

I might not agree with its use in all instances but I just want to make sure
that my understanding of this distinction is correct.

kitch