Re: checkpoint 9.1

Sound like you have captured it very well. My understanding is that the
current view needs to be made clear by some kind of highlighting mechanism
(for example being the only thing visible, or being the thing that responds
when you ask for the title of the current view), and that this needs to be
exposed through an API to assistive technologies. So long as the system caret
is clearly identifiable I think your first technique satisfies the
checkpoint. I think the second one might, but this is also a case where using
system conventions is important - for example in enlightenment and afterstep,
the window managers i use, there is a title bar for each window. The current
view (active window) has a blue title bar and others have a grey or brown one
(depending on which window manager i am using. I also have my setup ensure
that the current view is always on top (this is an option in the window
manager, but makes life easier as a user).

Charles McCN