Re: Checkpoint 7.2

Hi Ian,

All of my comments appear at the top of this message.  Now that I am trying to
match up the checkpoints with users and technology, I too am a bit confused
by
checkpoint 7.2.

7.2 For dependent user agents. Ensure that the user has access to the content
of an element selected by the user.     [Priority 1]

Is providing "access to the content of an element" different than allowing the
user to select the content of an element? Is this related to the current
problem that keyboard users face when they want to select an element (e.g.
text) with the keyboard. Most, if not all, mainstream user agents only allow
selection of a portion of a page with a pointing device.  If so, why is this
only for dependent user agents? Should the checkpoint be something like
"Ensure that the user has can select  the content of an element using any
input
device."  Can someone select and element and still not have "access" to it?

Thanks,
Kitch

<http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs>http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs