Re: Form Controls (Strengthening Checkpoint 10.6)

From: Leonard R. Kasday <kasday@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 09:17:33 -0400
Cc: Al Gilman <asgilman@iamdigex.net>, Janina Sajka <janina@whosoeverwill.com>, Kelly Ford <kford@teleport.com>
Hi Gregory,

I support your proposal and have only one small wording suggesting: say
"explicitly activated" instead of "directly activated".  To my ear, at
least, this better conveys what you're proposing.  After all, pressing the
return key is a direct action, but it doesn't explictly request submission.

Len

Gregory wrote:

>  10.6 Prompt the user to confirm the submission of form content
>  if the submission mechanism is not directly activated by the
>  user. [Priority 2]

-------
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Universal Design Engineer, Institute on Disabilities/UAP, and
Adjunct Professor, Electrical Engineering
Temple University

Ritter Hall Annex, Room 423, Philadelphia, PA 19122
kasday@acm.org
(215) 204-2247 (voice)
(800) 750-7428 (TTY)