Re: checkpoint 8.1

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 03:14:44 -0400 (EDT)
To: thatch@us.ibm.com
cc: Jon Gunderson <jongund@staff.uiuc.edu>, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org, ij@w3.org
It is always a danger when working on something clsely that you forget how
people see it on first meeting. But I think that we have made certain
assumptions. One of them is that there are a few terms we want to define so
we can use them, and view is probably one of them.

Whether we can do that better is of course an open question.

I think in the specific checkpoint what we want to do is allow navigation
between views and/or viewports (such as frames or multiple windows).

Charles McCN (probably the greatest offender in the Pontificating stakes, for
which I'm sorry)