Checkpoint 6.6 for real.

From: <thatch@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 17:39:04 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org

So here is the real 6.6!

Allow the user to control focus highlighting (e.g., foreground
and background color).

Question, what is focus highlighting. The focus indicator I know
from Netscape and IE is a dotted box, not a highlight. In fact, it
is only in lists that I have seen highlighting for focus item. Is
highlighting in lists what is being addressed here?

If yes, then the checkpoint would be clarified to: "if highlighting
is used for focus indication then ...

But if that is the rewording, my question on 6.5 (missent as 6.6)
holds for this. Highlight equals reverse video. Does it make sense
to recommend (PRIORITY 1) that this be user determined.

Jim Thatcher
IBM Special Needs Systems
www.ibm.com/sns
thatch@us.ibm.com