Re: Checkpoint 7.2

Ian, I am terrifically dense. 7.2 seems to say "provide access
to content of an element that is selected."

7.2 For dependent user agents. Ensure that the user has
    access to the content of an element selected by the user.

You say that the intention is to allow the user to select and you go into detail
about selection process.  The words of 7.2 certainly do not coincide with the
intention you described.

By my reading, 7.2 says if a user can select an element (paragraph, heading,
whatever) then she should have access to the content of that element. If no
element selection is possible 7.2 doesn't apply.

Jim Thatcher
IBM Special Needs Systems
www.ibm.com/sns
thatch@us.ibm.com