Re: 16 July draft of UA Guidelines available

Hi Ian and all!
I in reading through the techniques document began to become confused
with some terms when applied to the ua development environment.  the
terms in question are <nonvisual> and <visual>.
My confusion stems from the fact that these two terms are not clear
cut when referring to user agents.  perhaps graphical and non
graphical would be better terms?  or perhaps assistive and non
assistive or standard would be better still?  It is quite possible for
instance for a <nonvisual> person to use a <visual> interface provided
the <visual> user agent exposed all of its information to assistive
technology which the individual or user might use in order to access
it.  Also, <nonvisual> has a negative connotation and is not as
segratable as it might seem.  For instance, you might have some with a
need for a <lowvisual> interface that enculcates the same properties
or many of them as a "<nonvisual> interface.

I hope this is not too late nor considered to be a mere semantic issue
because it is important to make meaning clear when working with
developpers.  If I, a <nonvisual> person who has just enough knowledge
of what it takes to develop a browser or other ua to be dangerous, is
confused by this, I imagine others will be as well.  I'll be happy to
help in making this clearer in any way that I can.
Thanks!

--
Hands-On Technolog(eye)s
Touching The Internet: