[Fwd: Proposed Note for checkpoint 1.1 on device-independent input]

Tel/Fax:                     +1 212 684-1814

Forwarded message 1

  • From: Denis Anson <danson@miseri.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 13:01:43 -0400
  • Subject: Re: Proposed Note for checkpoint 1.1 on device-independent input
  • To: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
This isn't really a user agent issue, so long as the user agent uses
standard system calls to get keyboard input, rather than attempting to talk
directly to the hardware.  Anyone using the mouse to generate text will be
using an on-screen keyboard, which is designed to talk to foreground
applications.  So long as the user agent accepts text appropriately, this
will be a non-issue.

Denis Anson