Re: comments on section 4

From: Denis Anson <danson@miseri.edu>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 99 17:28:08 -0500
To: "mark novak" <menovak@facstaff.wisc.edu>, <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
>along with Kitch's comments, I was wondering why 4.1.2, Ensure that product
>documentation is available in at least one accessible, open standard
>electronic
>format (e.g., HTML, XML, ASCII)., was not a priority 1?   Just seems a bit
>strange that so much effort is going into improving the UA, yet  "at least
>one"
>accessible form of the documentation is only a "should" (priority 2
>definition).
>
>mark

One somewhat defensible argument for this that I heard this week is that
installation is something that most folks do once or twice, while using
the product is a constant issue.  It may be considered less critical that
installation be independent than use.  I'm not sure if I agree, but it is
an argument.

Denis Anson