RE: Discussion of DOM with Glen Gorden of Henter-Joyce (A) (A)

From: Charles Oppermann <chuckop@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 16:02:20 -0800
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
<<
I fail to see why we can't represent a user interface using a DOM by
extending the current user interface.

I did not say it couldn't be done.  All I said that is that the DOM is for
documents - the implication being "currently."  I truly believe that the DOM
will expand and that HTML will continue to grow into the application space.

However, I'm not going to sign off on a requirement saying "Support all of
DOM" if that isn't a solution to folks.

Let's try to separate out the theoretical from the practical and get back on
track on solving the problems that people have today.

-Chuck