Re: Separate, but equal ?

The object model approach is becoming the standard means for AT companies
access information, at least in windows. Many vendors are AT already using
the Active Accessibility to access object models for MS-Word and MS-Excel
to access information.

We are contacting ATIA to encourage member companies to review the next
working draft release. We are contact the ATIA president and trying to get
his cooperation in helping to get ATIA member companies more interested in
reviewing and hopefully participating in the working groups.
Jon

At 01:03 PM 2/2/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi,
>I've been thinking about the table issue and am not at all comfortable
>with the proposal that access to tables will be provided by the
>access technology without the access technology developers
>agreeing to the approach. In a way, what is being proposed is that
>access technology will also need to include certain aspects of
>browser technology. Do access technology developers really want to do that
>or are they being forced into it to compensate for the limitations
>resulting from various browser developers' refusal to provide appropriate
>direct access in the software being developed?
>
>I'm considering posting a note to some blind-related mailing lists
>which the various access developers read and get their opinions
>on this issue. If most of the access technology developers do want to
>also develop browser technology, then I probably won't have a problem
>with what is being proposed.
>
>Scott

1207 S. Oak Street
Champaign, IL 61820