RE: RESOLUTION: Table access checkpoints for Desktop Graphical User Agents

From: Charles Oppermann <chuckop@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 09:13:04 -0800
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
<<
I think most AT vendors would only need to read the DOM for alternative
rendering.  I think it would be a mistake for the guidelines to imply,
suggestion or advocate the manipulation of the DOM to get sometype of
visual rendering that is useful for reading information from the graphical
rendering of the document.   DOM manipulation would only be approapriate as
an interim or short term solution until the AT could integrate the full
model into their application.

I agree with that statement.  That might solve the reliability problem, but
not the security issues.  Which may not be a problem.  I'm still
investigating.

Thanks Jon,
Charles Oppermann
Program Manager, Accessibility and Disabilities Group, Microsoft Corporation
mailto:chuckop@microsoft.com  http://www.microsoft.com/enable/
"A computer on every desk and in every home, usable by everyone!"