Re: CSS control

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 10:22:18 -0500
To: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
CC: Jon Gunderson <jongund@staff.uiuc.edu>, Denis Anson <danson@miseri.edu>, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> The CSS1 Recommendation runs as Denis says. This was changed in CSS2,
> which became a recommendation in mid 1998, to give the author final
> control.
>
> We should suggest that CSS is used to implement a number of the
> checkpoints, and that if this is done then the CSS2 Cascade order should
> be used, not that of CSS1.

Most definitely so. I believe the document already emphasizes
this point:

         "Implement the !important rule as defined in CSS2
         ([CSS2], section 6.4.2). These rules offer a way
         for users to override author styles and user agent
         defaults."

Ian Jacobs (jacobs@w3.org)
Tel/Fax: (212) 684-1814
http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs