What conformance system should we use?

From: Hans Riesebos <HRiesebos@alva-bv.nl>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 17:45:13 +0100
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
A few comments.

Priorities 1's in different subsets seems silly to me.
We use priorities to create subsets of importance. Of
course: different subsets are possible. Measuring
with two different subsets creates a matrix. I think it
is better to (over)simplify and do not mention
subsets.

At the one hand I think there is a need for measuring
conformance. On the other hand I understand the
fear of getting low grades (of UA manufacturers).

In my opinion the balance is best struck in option 1.
Without saying whether native is better or not,
accessibility can be measured. It can boost assistive
technology and native technology at the same time.

Hans Riesebos (HRiesebos@alva-bv.nl)
ALVA BV ARNHEM
The Netherlands