Re: configurability - guidelines 2 and 5

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> I propose allowing the user to configure the arrangement of user interface
> controls (visually) as a P3. I agree with Ian that we should allow
> configuration of navigation schemes in here, as a P2 or P3.

We'll take this to the teleconf.

> Guideline 5 seems to me all about configuration, as is guideline 2, and I am
> not sure why they are separated. There is a lot of overlap - for example,
> allowing the user to control the timing of time-dependent presentations, the
> volume of audio, and the colours used for rendering.

It sounds like Guideline 2 will be reduced significantly
by the (re)creation of a guideline for keyboard support. There
will be two checkpoints left and perhaps we should find a
different place for them.

I see Guidelines 4 and 5 as much more similar: one is about
turning features on/off, the other about values in-between. I have
been tempted to merge them but they are quite long already.

Tel/Fax:                     +1 212 684-1814