W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > April to June 1999

AGENDA: W3C WAI User Agent 26 May Telecon

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@staff.uiuc.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 14:51:15 -0500
Message-Id: <199905241951.OAA11983@staff2.cso.uiuc.edu>
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
WAI UA Telecon for May 26th, 1999 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----

Chair: Jon Gunderson 
Date: Wednesday, May 26th
Time: 12:00 noon to 1:30 pm Eastern Standard Time 
Call-in: W3C Tobin Bridge (+1) 617-252-7000


----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----

Agenda

Review open action items
(NEW) Action Chris: Write up Math techniques proposal and post to mailing
list. MR to review this. 
(NEW) Action editors: Incorporate resolutions into next draft of document. 
IJ: Write DJW about requirements T&S/WAI. Wrote twice, no reply. Will
follow up. 
IJ: Editorial action items 
CMN: Write techniques for 7.2.2 and 7.2.6 (CMN deferred until publication
of NOte by Rich and Mark.) 
JG: Techniques for 7.2.2. 
JG: Techniques for 7.2.1. 
JG: Contact Rob about 7.2.4/5/6 Rob hasn't been participating and we have
consensus on checkpoints in this section. JG: I need to contact Rob about
this. We want TECHNIQUES that point to vendor-developed (internal)
guidelines. This for platform-specific conventions. 
JG: Contact Rich S. and Peter Korn for techniques. 
JA: Check guidelines for information about tooltip control. 
Editor: Group navigation by function. IJ: We may have been here already.
Will look into how this would fit into the document. 
MK: Propose navigation checkpoint to time-sensitive parts of a document.
MK: Not done. JG: This is about navigation the SMIL tree or parts of a
multi-media presentation. MK: If a link is time-dependent, allow the user
to navigate it independent of time. JG: Review this in terms of
stop/start/rewind/fast-forward checkpoints. 

Discussion Issues
1. Checkpoints to making scripting event more accessible. Current
checkpoints related to scripting can be found at:
http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/WAI-USERAGENT-19990331/#gl-script-info, we
currently do not have a checkpoint related to allowing users to simulate
deveice specific events (i.e. mouse over, mouse down, ...). We may want to
consider a checkpoint related to event simulation. 

2. New proposal to support for W3C recommendations (Section 7.1 in 31 march
WD)  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/1999AprJun/0150.html 

3. Conformance issues related to making the Web Content and User Agent
guidelines compatible in conformance statements
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/1999AprJun/0134.html 

4. Issue #43: Navigation and activation of elements with ACCESSKEY
attributes defined
http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#43 

5. Issue #23: Search for a form control based on text content
http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#23 


Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
Coordinator of Assistive Communication and Information Technology
Division of Rehabilitation - Education Services
University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
1207 S. Oak Street
Champaign, IL 61820

Voice: 217-244-5870
Fax: 217-333-0248
E-mail: jongund@uiuc.edu
WWW:	http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~jongund
	http://www.als.uiuc.edu/InfoTechAccess
Received on Monday, 24 May 1999 15:51:40 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 27 October 2009 06:48:57 GMT