RE: PROPOSAL: Checkpoint for ACCESSKEY

I think that Alan Cantor's message shows how crucial it is that the
AccessKey be implemented in a way that makes sense to the user.

While the author can install markup to indicate the AccessKey, it should
also be possible for the user agent to indicate that the key exists.  User
Agents provide a default indication of links, which may be over-ridden by
the author with markup.  That default indication should include a default
indication of the existence of an AccessKey, which also may be overridden by
the author.  (It might also be overridden by the user, with a User Style
sheet.)

I don't think that we should specify what the markup should be, or what the
navigation procedure should be, since there probably isn't one, best method.
But there must be some way to reach multiple links with the same AccessKey
definition, and you must have some clue about what the definition is.

Denis Anson, MS, OTR
Assistant Professor
College Misericordia
301 Lake St.
Dallas, PA 18612

Member since 1989:
RESNA: An International Association of Assistive Techology Professionals