[Fwd: [webwatch] Re: Seeking Ideas on CollegeQuest: http://www.collegequest.com]

I pass this on because he meaning Gary King may want to work with us?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [web watch] Re: Seeking Ideas on CollegeQuest:
http://www.collegequest.com
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 10:53:20 -0400
From: Gary King <w4wkz@usit.net>
To: "webwatch" <webwatch@telelists.com>

Kelly,

I don't have any suggestions for this particular case; however, I
think
that the only way we are going to have an accessible Web in the future
is
to lobby the makers of arthuring tools to make these tools
accessibility
aware.  If someone designing a Web page in a way that would make it
inaccessible could see a message pop up on their screen suggesting an
alternative accessible page design, this would make it just as easy to
design an accessible page as an inaccessible one.  I don't know how
many
arthuring tools there are, but I think getting their makers to include
accessibility guidelines would be easier than educating Web page
designers
one at a time.

Gary, w4wkz@usit.net