Re: PROPOSAL: Revised Checkpoints for Guideline 7.2

From: Harvey Bingham <hbingham@acm.org>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 04:02:29 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org

>Checkpoint 7.2.4 [Priority 1]
>Provide a programmatic interface for dependent user agents to change the >document object, focus, selection and editing caret position.

HB: is that change only for the dependent user agent's use, or also
to affect the independent user agent? I hope the latter, which should
be made clear.

[anecdote: working with George Kerscher reviewing a document I had
prepared, his screen showed highlighted where he was currently using
his text-to-speech reader, so I could know what he was hearing, and
respond to his questions in context.]

Regards/Harvey