RE: sect 5.2 review

From: James Allan <allan_jm@tsb1.tsbvi.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 15:41:22 -0500
To: Harvey Bingham <hbingham@ACM.org>, WAI UA group <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
I agree Harvey the wording should be "choose one among available tracks"

> >5.2.6 [Priority 1]
> >If a technology allows for more than one caption track (e.g., text,
> >alternative language (subtitle), etc.), allow the user to choose
> from among
> HB: Choose one among, or mix from more than one? In that mixing case,
> hard to avoid sound classes.
> >tracks.

> >new5.2.x [Priority 2]
Allow the user to specify that sign language video track (if  available) be
rendered at the same time as the video. </new
<note>this was not specified before. it is possible with in the SMIL spec to
provide this capability

> HB: Would a user ever want both the sign-language and another track?

I suppose one could envision/contrive a situation where a user might want
the sign-language video track and some other media simultaneously. How
about - using a SMIL presentation with a classroom of students who are
hearing impaired where some prefer sign and others prefer captions.