Re: Announcement: New Issues List for UA Guideliines

From: Scott Luebking <phoenixl@netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 09:06:44 -0800 (PST)
To: poehlman@clark.net, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Hi,
I believe that the problem was that the user wasn't being given enough
information about what was appearing on the screen.  A pretty
savvy blind person probably could have figured out what was happening, however,
I think we need to keep the focus on the average blind computer user.

The question comes back to what technology should provide enough
information for the blind user to understand what is being presented.
If the technology provided the appropriate information, then the
guidelines would not need to address the issue.

Scott