Re: Table linearization through CSS

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@staff.uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 10:04:24 -0600
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Cc: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
I have been informed there is a very active working group in CSS right now.
 They are dealing with both CSS as applied to HTML and XSL applied to XML.
So there is a possibility of a future solution using CSS for making tabular
information more accessible.   For example a style sheet could be used to
render table information linearly.  This may need help from the author to
mark a table as a data table or a layout table.  I think CSS could be an
important means to "affect" the rendering of table information, since the
purpose of CSS is to control the presentation of information.  Let's talk
about it today.

1207 S. Oak Street
Champaign, IL 61820

Voice: 217-244-5870