RE: today's telecon

From: Charles (Chuck) Oppermann <chuckop@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 21:13:39 -0800
To: WAI UA group <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
<<
I would also like to refloat Al Gilman's suggestion from last week about
providing a way to walk the document tree. (navigate the DOM). Mostly
because it sems an important part of a bunch of different things we want
to do. Is it a difficult thing to implement?

Extremely easy to do.  Here's a sample JavaScript to do display the name of
the HTML tag for each element:

for (var i = 0, i < document.all.length, i++)
	alert(document.all.item(i).tagName);

This is taken from page 169 of the book "Dynamic HTML" by Scott Issacs.

Charles Oppermann
Program Manager, Accessibility and Disabilities Group,
Microsoft Corporation
mailto:chuckop@microsoft.com http://microsoft.com/enable/
"A computer on every desk and in every home, usable by everyone!"