today's telecon

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charlesn@srl.rmit.EDU.AU>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 05:15:51 +1100 (EST)
To: WAI UA group <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
I got cut off. Maybe the Leonid shower I have been looking out my window
for (this is 4am to 5am for me) fially did something. If so I heard it
but didn't see it!

I am not really clear on what we mean by lineraisation - to me it means
various ways of stringing tables out in a line. One of those, funnily
enough, is provided by HTML, which is after all a serial medium (as
unrendered code). I am hoping that Scott (I'm picking on you because you
seem to be the biggest proponent at the moment) can give a more concise
definition, or that we can start talking about smaller pieces of the process.

I would also like to refloat Al Gilman's suggestion from last week about
providing a way to walk the document tree. (navigate the DOM). Mostly
because it sems an important part of a bunch of different things we want
to do. Is it a difficult thing to implement?

Charles McCathieNevile