RE: A table navigation technique

From: Bryan Campbell <bryany@pathcom.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 09:20:36 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
At 07:44 PM 16-11-98 -0800, Scott Luebking <phoenixl@netcom.com> wrote:

[snip]
>My impression was that the guidelines were being written for browser
>developers to understand what accessibility is wanted and needed by
>disabled browser users. The question is not so much as to whether
>Microsoft has done enough as whether it has done what blind users want.
>I come from a view that it is the users who determine user satisfaction
>rather than the developers.

Yes W3C Accessibility recommendations should be about what buyers need &
want, not what any given developer can release soon to be compliant with the
guildline. Ideally Accessibility means adapting products to meet the needs
of disabled people.

Regards,
Bryan

-> Life is a beta test. We mustn't let software companies add unnecessary
quizzes!