Re: Techniques suggestions

From: Al Gilman <asgilman@access.digex.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 15:15:03 -0500 (EST)
To: ij@w3.org (Ian Jacobs)
Cc: charlesn@srl.rmit.EDU.AU, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
to follow up on what Ian Jacobs said:

> > 7.1 Support accessibility features of HTML
> > LANG is priority 3. I would have thought it was 2 at least.
>
> As it is priority 2 in the PAGL as well, I will change it
> to 2 here if no one protests.

OK, I object.  What is the rationale for how it rates a 2?

Seems to me LANG doesn't vary that often and if the user has to
tell the Braille software manually what language to expect, for
example, that it is not a real show-stopper.

Not that I don't think browsers should support LANG.  Just that
the argument from disability access is weak.

Al