Point of regard, navigating elements

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charlesn@srl.rmit.EDU.AU>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 05:10:46 +1100 (EST)
To: WAI UA group <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
My take on what's going on with point of regard:

Point of regard is the collection of things in the users 'view' -
the window for a graphic browser.

I think that this is not what everyone else thinks. (Which is relevant to
what I wrote to Marja

I think what everyone else thinks is that the viewport is the window, and
the point of regard is whatever is focussed/selected/at the insertion
point. Can somebody clarify this a bit? (Ian?)

And more importantly:
the user must be able to navigate element by element - not just headers
and links, but from one element to another. This would enable table
navigation straight away, in a simple manner. That would also allow a
compromise on table linearisation - to get decent context information for
a cell it is necessary to have a better linearised table, which will
probably then get shifted to 3rd party requirement.

Charles McCathieNevile