Re: Priorities and Implementation dicusion

From: Daniel Dardailler <danield@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 11:51:56 +0100
To: Jon Gunderson <jongund@staff.uiuc.edu>
cc: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org

> Do you disagree with including implementation information in the UA
> guidelines?

no

> Do these definitions reflect your view?

more or less

> Can you accept these definitions?
> Can you suggest better definitions?

I think we need to be clear that this concern mainstream browsers only
(as you said, kiosk and other specialized agent often do not provide a
3d-party API, so the issue doesn't exist there).

For mainstream browsers, we can then have 2 bits:
 - things that must be exposed thru an API
 - things that must be implemented directly