[Fwd: Complex/Simple TABLE]

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 1998 16:12:41 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Hello,

This was sent on the page authoring mailing list.

Al Gilman wrote:

> Ask the WAI-UA group what default heuristics they are putting in
> the User Agent Guidelines.  If those heuristics work the table,
> then it is simple.  If they don't it is complex.

This reminds me that we discussed table header information at
the face-to-face meeting and now we need to specify an algorithm
in the techniques document for determining header information
for individual languages. Perhaps
the only pertinent language today is HTML (see [1] for
the HTML 4.0 header algorithm).

 - Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/tables.html#h-11.4.3

--