Re: Rating UA guidelines

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charlesmccn@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 23:46:18 -0700 (PDT)
To: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Cc: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org

assistive technology' Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> wrote:

 I think that's a good idea. Is there a way to use what's in DOM Level 1
 since it just became a Recommendation?

I'm not sure that DOM level 1 goes far enough. But we certainly should
define what sort of compatibility we are talking about. In theory DOM
would fulfil that role nicely, as it gets built up. It is also a W3C
recommendation, which in theory means that most people are committed
to it. But I don't know enough about the implementation in practice -
can someone help us out better?

Charles McCathieNevile