Re: SMIL: Authoring question

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@staff.uiuc.edu>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 09:10:36 -0500
To: Al Gilman <asgilman@access.digex.net>
Cc: danson@miseri.edu, ph@w3.org, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org, w3c-wai-gl@w3.w3.org
The document format is a gl issue, but I think we want clear understanding
of the preferred document format if we want SMIL players to be able to
reposition and control formatting of captioning information.
I assume the author could hard code  the captioning information into the
video stream, which would not allow it to be repositioned or reformatted.
Is this true?  Or do I not understand the SMIL format?

Jon