Re: DOM and style sheets

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charlesn@sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 18:27:40 +1000 (EST)
To: WAI UA group <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
cc: w3c-wai-pf@w3.org
The discussion reproduced in part below comes from PF, but it seems that
it is more of a UA issue - will user agents provide a media-type negotiation
mechanism, particularly to third-party software such as plug-ins (for
example a SMIL media player) and add-ons like Jaws and other Assistive
technology, which may be re-rendering the content?

Charles McCathieNevile

And Chris Wilson said:

> > Hmm.  This is not within the current scope; in fact, the DOM
> > does not actually cover any of the "UA properties" (e.g., the
> > 'window' object in current browsers) at all.  Again, if this is
> > a requirement, has it been sent to the DOM WG?

Al Gilman followed up with: