Re: Political use of the guidelines

From: Scott Luebking <phoenixl@netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 10:27:39 -0700 (PDT)
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Hi, John
You have a good point about issues being transformed in the legal
process.  That's what I'm concerned about.  When technical decisions
are handled by legislators or regulators, the results can be rather
unsatisfying.  I think the priority should be first to do good technical
work on the guidelines and then develop legislative/regulatory suggestions
based the the technical work.  It will help both legislators/regulators
and the disabled world.

Scott

PS  Ever hear of the state legislature that declared pi to be 3.14
to make it easier for people to use?  (smile)