Re: keyboard navigation issues

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 11:53:10 -0400
To: Jon Gunderson <jongund@staff.uiuc.edu>
CC: cltrar@login.dknet.dk, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Jon Gunderson wrote:

> Good points Claus.
> We have CSS for adjusting presentation.
> Could we not have some type of style sheet for adjusting user input?

CSS2 offers very little in the way of
style sheet control over the user interface. Features
include:

 - stylistic changes when certain mouse events occur
   (hover, focus)

 - Some control of cursor presentation

 - The ability to refer to system colors and
   fonts in property values.

 - Dynamic outlines (e.g., to show focus).

See also a recent Submission to W3C that discusses "Action Sheets",
which are like style sheets but for behavior. See [1].

 - Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-AS

--
Ian Jacobs (jacobs@w3.org)