Re: net load for title pre-fetch

From: Al Gilman <asgilman@access.digex.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 20:28:52 -0400 (EDT)
To: po@trace.wisc.edu
Cc: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
to follow up on what Gregg Vanderheiden said:

> I'm confused.
> Pre fetch for a "click here" seems like a lot of effort for something that
> is already right in front of you.   When it says click here it always says
> what to click for in the text immediately before or after.   Why do a
> pre-fetch?  How would it give you more or better info?   Maybe I am missing
> the point.    Help me?

Well, I don't think you are confused.  I think you are right.

But we still have a problem because the focus goes to the link
text which is uninformative.  A language-sensitive expansion of
the focus so that it includes the enclosing sentence of
similarly-sized text fragment sounds more appropriate in this
case.

Al