Re: Pop-up windows

From: nir dagan <dagan@upf.es>
Date: Tue Jul 21 05:43:03 1998
To: charlesn@sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Cc: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
This is in response to an (eclosed below) message to the GL list

I think that pop up windows should go to User
Agents too, not only to authoring guidelines.

What I do to avoid them is that I turn off JavaScript and Java.

It would have been better if browsers could have been configured
to disable/customize particular scripting functions.

I suspect though that this can be put in a User agent guidelines,
only after there is a DOM spec. recommendation.

Regards,
Nir Dagan
http://www.econ.upf.es/%7Edagan/