RE: Confidential-Draft UA Charter

From: Charles (Chuck) Oppermann <chuckop@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 18:24:55 -0700
To: "'Jon Gunderson'" <jongund@staff.uiuc.edu>, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Some comments:
<<
2.2 Criteria for success
Criteria for success of user agent WG include:
Adoption of guidelines by user agent developers
Inproved [sic] access to the WWW by persons with disabilities

How do we measure success?  Items 2 "improved access to the WWW by PWD" is
really vague and unmeasurable.

Also:

<<
13.0 Level of involvement of Team
5% Ian Jacobs
5% Daniel Dardailler
5% Judy Brewer

In my opinion, 5% of someone's time is unrealistic for meaningful input.  If
meaningful input is not expected, then change to reflect that.

Charles Oppermann
Program Manager, Active Accessibility, Microsoft Corporation
mailto:chuckop@microsoft.com http://microsoft.com/enable/
"A computer on every desk and in every home, usable by everyone!"