Re: MathML: Including MathML in HTML

Jon Gunderson wrote:

> Is there a recommended technique for including MathML markup in an HTML
> document.  Would it use the OBJECT tag or would the browser need to
> identify the the MathML tags?

Jon,

This is part of a larger issue of how to include
XML in HTML and vice-versa and is meant to be addressed by a
future HTML Working Group. I believe the current recommended practice
is to use OBJECT:

      <OBJECT data="partderiv.mathml">
            This is a partial derivative ...
      </OBJECT>

The Math subgroup should stay in touch with the
HTML Coordination Group to help them keep track of progress in
this area.

Ian Jacobs (jacobs@w3.org)
Tel/Fax: (212) 684-1814
http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs