RE: UA documentation

From: Charles (Chuck) Oppermann <chuckop@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 10:41:13 -0700
To: David Poehlman <poehlman@clark.net>
Cc: Kitch Barnicle <kitch@afb.org>, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
<<
the online help would be nice to have in plaintext.

I disagree.  What matters is that the access system be accessible.  By
asking for plain text dumps, it's an additional work item for the product
group.  I'd rather the product group work on making the product accessible.

I'm not trying to shoot down your idea, since Microsoft does make an effort
at providing plain text documentation for some products that have printed
manuals that are not duplicated in the help system.  It's just that there
are finite resources and time and I'd like them to concentrate on the
big-ticket items.

-Chuck