Re: IEEE/WIC/ACM Web Intelligence 2004

Dear WEB INTEELIGENCE 2004 conference secretariat,

I have an article for the conference, but unfortunately, I do not have the budget to fly to Beijing and present it in person.

Enclosed is the article's abstract.

I believe that it has an innovative value in the practical and theoretical sense.

Is it possible to publish the article without attending the conference?

What is your policy regarding copyrights of articles?

Sincerely,

Edith Ohri

ABSTRACT

 The paper provides a description and a test case report of a data mining solution named GT (Group Technology).  GT is a universal clustering type of data mining solution, intended for researchers and decision makers. The basic idea in GT is to extract the essence of data by aggregating the data records to clear "group" entities. The special thing about GT is that these groups are defined by unique behavior rather than number of recurrences. GT is about creating hypotheses automatically, from large, complex, diverse and dynamic data input, all of which are typical to IT.

The main advantages of GT are its visualizing power, fast converging and early detection, automatic extraction of hypotheses, hierarchical pattern structure, simple operative terms, and a thorough implementation of principles of objectivity, reliability, and stability.

Therefore, the GT solution can analyze data conventionally considered to be impenetrable. In the example it found causes of failures in the manufacturing process, and identified a basic problem of "irregular quality of purchased elements", which can be corrected straight away, hence streamlining production, reducing failures and thereby improving costs and cycle time.

GT has been applied successfully in a large spectrum of analyses จC industrial, quality control, medical research, police investigation, earthquakes, and more.

Illustration:

Edith Ohri MSc.

Procedureware Ltd.

POB 16558 Tel Aviv Israel