RE: CMS required alt text for images

You could try

<i class="image" aria-hidden="true"></i>

From: Alastair Campbell [mailto:acampbell@nomensa.com]
Sent: March 2, 2019 03:25 PM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: RE: CMS required alt text for images

> In this instance what is the best practice for handling decorative images where the alt text would normally be set as null?

Ideally, I would try and avoid the scenario where a content-author would be putting in a decorative image. Most instances where it should be null are probably best tackled with a custom content type or as part of the templates.

If there are legitimate times when a null alt is appropriate, then I’d suggest adding a tick box to that effect, e.g. [_] No description required.

Cheers,

-Alastair