From: Michellanne Li [mailto:michellanne.li@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 9:40 AM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: screen readers and punctuation

Hello all,

I just read this piece from Deque on how screen readers address punctuation: Why Don’t Screen Readers Always Read What’s on the Screen? Part 1: Punctuation and Typographic Symbols<https://www.deque.com/blog/dont-screen-readers-read-whats-screen-part-1-punctuation-typographic-symbols/>.

Since it was written in 2014, I am wondering if screen reader technology has since been updated to better read out important symbols.

Thanks!

Michellanne Li
(512) 718-2207
http://www.michellanne.com