Re: WCAG and VR & computer games

On 10/08/18 03:59, Mark Weiler wrote:
> Can anyone point me to groups developing sufficient techniques to meet
> WCAG 2.x success criteria for virtual reality or computer games? Or
> common failures that detect violations for VR/computer games.

I think it is going to be very difficult to use more than a gut feeling
approach as it is the very nature of this type of game that they involve
people operating at the edge of their abilities.

I think you will need to decide which elements of the user interface are
there to make the game difficult and which are incidental to the game.
Only the latter can really be made accessible.  Even then, although
configuration menus are not fundamental to the game experience, it is
probably being over-pedantic to require them to, say, require
alternatives to sight, if the game proper is fundamentally about sight.