From: Nigel Megitt [mailto:nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk]
Sent: 02 March 2018 18:19
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Audio Description Open File Format

Dear Web Accessibility IG,

As you may be aware, we introduced audio related features to TTML2 in anticipation of a profile to support audio description, all the way from scripting to mixing. TTWG and the Web and TV IG also briefly discussed requirements for such a profile at TPAC in 2016, and they were added to the TTML2 GitHub repository's wiki.

I write to invite anyone interested in helping to create and establish that profile to let me know of their interest so that I can take the next steps to establish an appropriate group (e.g. a W3C Community Group) to begin working on it. I'm trying to get the message out widely, so I've prepared the attached 1-pager - feel free to forward it on.

Do let me know if you have any questions or if you would like to participate,

Kind regards,

Nigel

--
Nigel Megitt
Executive Product Manager, BBC Design & Engineering

--

Sight loss isn’t black and white - we all see things differently. Explore this spectrum of sight with #HowISee: watch our film at rnib.org.uk/HowISee

--

DISCLAIMER:

NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential and may be privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient you should not use, disclose, distribute or copy any of the content of it or of any attachment; you are requested to notify the sender immediately of your receipt of the email and then to delete it and any attachments from your system.

RNIB endeavours to ensure that emails and any attachments generated by its staff are free from viruses or other contaminants.  However, it cannot accept any responsibility for any  such which are transmitted.

Please note that the statements and views expressed in this email and any attachments are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of RNIB.

RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

Website: https://www.rnib.org.uk <https://www.rnib.org.uk>