Re: Having h5 after h2 is a violation as per 1.3.1 info & relationships. - was: WCAG violations or accessibility enhancements

I'm with Olaf in that the path of least resistance is to make screen
readers robust enough to correctly interpret orphaned headers when there
are jumps in the header order.

Here are the other two alternatives:

1) Convince the makers of Word, Acrobat, InDesign and every other authoring
tool to check proper header structure and not allow users to save their
work unless proper semantic structure is achieved.

2) Train every user of every authoring tool and convince them of the
life-or-death importance of proper semantic header order for use cases they
will likely never experience themselves.

It may not be fair, but these two alternatives are little like boiling the
ocean. Good luck with that!

Claudio

--
User Experience | Information Architecture | Accessibility
simple-theory.com