Re: Having h5 after h2 is a violation as per 1.3.1 info & relationships. - was: WCAG violations or accessibility enhancements

>There are plently of examples of news type pages that may have a bold
looking headline heading tagged >as an <h2> followed in the reading order
by a very small heading, such as  "Other Author Articles" tagged >as an
H5.

I suggest this is using the default visual styles of heading elements
instead of thinking about what the headings semantics mean. There is no
definitive relationship between heading style and level.

There is no good reason why these could not be marked up as h2 then h3
styled as desired.

--

Regards

SteveF