From: John Foliot
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2018 9:24 AM
To: ALAN SMITH
Cc: Alastair Campbell; WCAG
Subject: Re: Any user testing of WCAG 2.1 at CSUN

​Alan wrote:

> The How:
I had not thought about the how. I figured it was something that should have been planned by WCAG.
​
The big problem. Planning for CSUN starts (started) at least 6 months ago, and even as a W3C Working Group we started planning for our Face-to-Face meetings at CSUN back before Christmas. Finding a location to do this kind of user-testing is a bit of a logistics problem, as often spaces in advance of, or post-CSUN are hard to come by, and during the event CSUN tends to take over much if not all of the available space. Setting up a "testing lab" at this short juncture would likely fail, even though it is a good idea.

As you noted, there will likely be a number of presentations at CSUN focused on the new SC in WCAG 2.1, and we can still have hallway chats and other social activities to discuss them with end-users in attendance. It would have been a great idea, but we should have started planning for it in October...

JF